Monday, April 18, 2011

Busy Life







It has been a couple of weeks since I posted anything. Partly because there is not a lot to post about, and partly because I don't have time! Hahaha. My girlies are doing well. Growing like weeds. They are already 8 weeks old today! I love them so much! They have their two month check-up next week so we will see how much they weigh. I am still debating whether or not to get their vaccinations. I can't decide. Madison has had her shots, but for some reason I just don't know if I want to vacinate or not... What are your thoughts?










I love their sleep schedule! Right now, they go down for the night between 8:30 and 9:30 and sleep until around 2:00. They go right back to sleep after their bottles and then wake up again around 7. Yahoo! Usually after that bottle they will go back to sleep again, or they will stay awake for about an hour then take a nap. I am so happy that they are sleeping so well. Madison was a horrible sleeper and I am thankful that Kenzie and Lexie are not following in their big sister's footsteps!










Kenzie still prefers to be swaddled most of the time, but that's ok. She will outgrow it I'm sure! Lexie is still the most chill baby. She really only cries when she is hungry. Yay! At least I got one!










Today was a great day! David was home from work and he is busy getting some projects done. Madison has spent the majority of the day playing outside and hanging with Daddy. I have cleaned some, done some laundry, taken some 8 week pics of the babes, and had coffee with my good friend Lori :) The babies are even hanging out together right now on their playmat without fussing so that mom can do some blogging ;)










So here is something crazy that we decided to do... We had an english bulldog, Sophie. David's dream dog was an english bulldog. She was so stubborn and pigheaded that we just couldn't take it anymore. Her listening skills were terrible even though we took her through 16 weeks of training. She wouldn't leave the babies alone, wouldn't come when we called her, and was starting to pee in the house again. So, we decided to find another home for her while she was still young enough to adapt to a new family. But, I am convinced that it is great for children to grow up with a dog, so, we decided to go ahead and add a new addition to our family. Yes, that's right, I have 8 week old twins, and an 8 week old Goldendoodle. Say WHAT??? His birthday is the day after the girls' :) I think it will be great for them to grow up together. He will be used to having his tail pulled and eyes poked and they will be used to having a dog in their face all the time. Hey, I am already up in the middle of the night, might as well crate train a pup at the same time! He is doing great and loves Madison already. David is happy to have another male in the house! So, most might think I am crazy, but that's ok!










We took the girls to have Easter pictures on Sunday. I can't wait to see them all, but for now, here is a sample of Mandy's great work!

1 comment:

  1. What is a Goldenoodle haha!?!? I wanna see pics!!

    I am a huge supporter of vaccinations. The risks are minimal compared to if your child got a disease that has been basically kept at bay because of vaccinations. There is a lot of false information and propagada out there and it's just best to talk with your doctor about it. :) Here is a good website!

    http://www.vaccinateyourbaby.org/faq/index.cfm

    ReplyDelete