Monday, April 4, 2011

6 Weeks Old!

My babies are 6 weeks old! Wow! Part of me cannot believe it has been 6 weeks already, the sleep deprived part of me says "oh, 6 weeks, that's it???" No, seriously, we are doing well. Some days are harder than others, some nights I feel like there is no way I can change another diaper and warm another bottle. But, I do, and I love those little ladies like crazy. Kenzie - My more serious baby. She still isn't smiling all that much. Only if you really work for it. She just stares at you. It is kinda funny. She love love loves to be swaddled. All the time. Day and night. If she isn't swaddled or eating, she is usually screaming. Seriously. She loves her binkie, but usually just during the day. She doesn't cry if she loses it, she doesn't need it at night to go to sleep. She is a great eater. About 6 ozs at a time right now and she can go 4-5 hours without eating again. Kenzie prefers the bouncy chair to the swing. She loves music and usually lets us know when it turns off by screaming until we turn it on again! She is bigger than her sister and we call her our chunk, which is really funny given she is around 8 lbs. Lexie - My smiling baby girl. She is the baby after all :) She makes the cutest little faces and is constantly wrinkling up her forehead when she looks at you. She is a little David Jr. She looks just like him. She acts like him too. She is the first to wake up, day and night. She doesn't cry too much, just when she is hungry and at that point, you better have her food ready, or else! She is more of a snacker because she is a little smaller than Kenzie, but she is getting better and usually eats 4-5 ozs at a time. She is also my puker. Ugh. Blankets, clothes, the laundry is never ending! Lexie prefers the swing to the bouncy chair and also loves music as much as her older sisters. 3 music loving girls = one happy daddy. :) Both girls are still in newborn clothes. They are getting long though so it will be time to switch to 0-3 months soon I think. Currently in newborn diapers, but due to the many diaper blowouts we have had recently, once I finish the opened box of newborn, we will switch to size 1. (a box of diapers only lasts about 5-6 days anyway) So, more than a box of diapers a week, probably 2-3 packages of wipes, 10 loads of laundry, 50 ozs of pumped milk a day, at least 3 outfit changes per baby a day... one busy and tired mommy for sure! Madison has adjusted really well. She loves her sisters. She will get me whatever I ask for and loves to help feed the babies when I need her to. She tries to comfort Kenzie when she is crying, she shushes her and gives her binkie back. Madison decided to cut her hair this last weekend and that makes me sad. She has such pretty hair and it was so long! But, it tangles bad and she was sick of it. So, we had it chopped off and she loves it. It will be nice for summer and I know it will grow back. She is still asking when she can go back to school so I still need to look into some pre-schools and get her back in at least a couple days a week. David is doing great with the girls. He will get up and help me feed them if I wake him up. He is a very sound sleeper and doesn't wake up on his own. I never woke him up when Madison was up at night, I just took care of everything by myself. But this time around, there are times that I just need help. I know he is working and needs his sleep, but, I am working too. 24 hours a day. I don't get to nap during the day when the babies sleep because I have a 4 year old to take care of. I have a house to clean, laundry to do, bottles to wash, etc. When the babies are sleeping, I am going non-stop. So, I may be "home" but, this is my job and I need help when I can get it. I usually wake him for one nighttime feeding and let him sleep through the second. Sometimes I will do both by myself. I feel really good. I really had no complications after we made it home frrom the hospital. I have had a lot of energy for the most part and feel like I am doing a good job. Twins is a challenge, I am not going to lie, but, I am doing a good job. I know I am. I love my family more than I ever thought possible and I feel so blessed that the Lord decided to give me this amazing life and family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment