Monday, December 19, 2011

My Little Girl Turns 5!

My little girl is 5! I really cannot believe it! She is an absolute joy and such a blessing to our family. Madison is such a sweet child. And smart. And funny. And such a love. I thought this would be a difficult year for her. Going from an only child for 4+ years to the big sister of not one, but two littles ones... Yikes! But Madison has handled it with maturity and grace that are well beyond her years. This little girl is so amazing. She loves everyone she meets and loves to take care of others. I am so excited to see what the world has in store for her. I know that she will do great things in life and I am so proud of the little lady she is becoming.

Madison came into the world on December 20, 2006 at 12:10 am. She made quite the grand entrance. I was at work on December 19th and felt kinda weird all day. Not really in pain, just not quite right. I didn't eat lunch that day, I felt nauseous. I went home around 5:00 pm and decided to take a shower to relax my back which was aching like crazy! At this point, I knew I was having contractions and so I called the on call doctor because, wouldn't you know, my doctor was on vacation! He told me that since this was my first pregnancy, I would most likely be in labor until sometime late tomorrow morning (December 20th). By 7:00 I was in quite a bit of pain, so David decided we were not going to wait much longer. We lived in Yreka, CA at the time and I was going to deliver in Ashland, OR (about a 45 minute drive). I convinced him to wait a bit longer, but at 9:00 I finally agreed to head out to the hospital. We arrived around 10:00 pm. We finally got checked into labor and delivery and the nurse confirmed that I was in active labor and dilated to a 4. She also informed me that it would be a while before our little one made her entrance. By 11:30 I was in so much pain, I didn't think I could go on much longer. I kept telling the nurse that the contractions were getting worse and I thought the baby was coming. She refused to check! Finally, I felt the need to push, and I did! The nurse looked and saw that Madison was on her way out! One more push and I delivered a healthy 6 lb 8 oz baby girl on the bed at 12:10, only 2 hours after checking in! No doctor, no nurse in the room! :) So, yeah, Madison has made her mark on this world. Look out.

Thank you for being my first born Madison. I love you so much. Happy 5th Birthday Madi Bug.




No comments:

Post a Comment